Saturday, September 12, 2009

NameThat Song

This is how I operate sometimes:

1. I think of how I want things to start.
2. Then I envision the ending.
3. Then I roll my sleeves up and figure out how to transition the in-betweens.

I find it much easier to do it in that order, I don't know why. Maybe b/c having an end in sight will be more directive for me. I kind of like to know where I'm going.

So the music we choose will really help us set the tone for the wedding. Jerry really likes Tupac. I heart Ingrid Michaelson. We both like Linkin Park. This should be interesting.

But we've agreed on three things so far: what my "walk-down-the-aisle" music will be (it's a secret :P), the first song to start off the dancing will be Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling", and we will end with "Closing Time" by Semisonic. We love all of those songs!

One of my BMs will help me with music- she has introduced me to so many great indie artists and songs over the years. I want to avoid the KOST 103.5 cheesy stuff and incorporate some indie into the mix, and she is the perfect person to help me! We'll need to choose the ceremony music since it'll be mostly be instrumental, have her help with the cocktail hour/background reception music (Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Hysteric" and some stuff from DCFC will definitely be in rotation), the bridal party will choose their own entrance music, and Jerry will mostly be in charge of the dance music. I think I want the dance music to be more recognizable since ppl dance to what they know, and have the cocktail/reception lull music be more varied. And somewhere in all that will be some 80s fun with The Cure, Journey, Bon Jovi and Modern English hehe. And maybe I can sneak in some fobby chinese songs. We have a ways to go, but it's a start!

What are songs/types of that you like to hear at weddings? And what are no-nos, if any?

No comments: