Yesterday we watched:
1. Tuesday night's Hell's Kitchen (since I was out watching 500 Days of Summer with Christina)
2. Top Chef Las Vegas premiere
3. Top Chef Masters finale
Thoughts:
Hell's Kitchen is such a cursing, chain-smoking, and ***bleeping*** trainwreck, yet we can't turn our eyes away. We are obsessed with finding out where it is. Google-ing showed various locations in LA but we think it's Culver City. Now we know. I recognized a scene shot on Duquesne (going into Culver City park since I used to run that path a lot) and Jer, the fire truck aficionado, spotted the Class 1 signage (CCFD being the only one in the West Side to be a Class 1) when the ambulance came to pick up Robert. Again. Even though our curiosity is satisfied we'll still keep watching. There's no real Paula or Danny for this season though. Van cracks me up though! And Kevin looks exactly like Scott and might just win since the women seem clueless. Cannot stand the girl with the weird eyebrows. And Tenille thinks she's Whoopi Goldberg. I'm telling u, we are easily entertained.
It was so nice to have Padma back. Even though everyone says she's spacey she's so much better than Kelly Choi. Tom trying to be hip with it by adding a vest to his attire is kinda funny. I have a crush on Gail Simmons. The cheftestants are mostly annoying tatooed and pierced freaks. That one sexist guy needs to shut up. Not all women are pastry chefs! Some chefs stand out- Jen who works at Ripert's restaurant, the brothers (Michelin Star and James Beard finalist!) and the MIT dude with the major facial hair. Everyone else is a forgettable mess it seems. Ugh, the girl who got eliminated first- cannot stand her "ear""ring". It was nasty. Who knew earlobes could be stretched that wide? GROSSSSSS. Thank goodness she's gone already.
I think it's all agreed upon that we heart Hubert Keller. Too bad he didn't win :( I loved how the finale didn't have any dumb twists and turns, and that the chefs could just cook. But I'm glad that Rick Bayless won- what a genuine and humble dude. Someday I want to eat his mole. Even though I don't like mole that much, but that's because I haven't had his. But I love how he is trying to give Mexican food the respect it deserves. Anyways, Chiarello prolly got a bad edit, but no one can deny that Osland had it in for him for some reason. All in all, I enjoyed it. Except for the judges and Kelly Choi. I wonder if they'll do another season of it. If so, Anthony Bourdain needs to be on it!
I love TV.
Do you have a favorite food show? If so, which and why?
1 comment:
i watch hell's kitchen... thanks for letting me know it's back on! i don't watch actual television anymore :p i haven't seen top chef but i'd like to see it.
Post a Comment