Roasting in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsey
I really enjoyed it. It was interesting to learn more about him. Now I know why he cusses all the time and is so critical! Read it youself to find out hehe.

Brining Home the Birkin by Michael Tonello
This caught my eye at our local B&N, so I requested it from the library. Jerry saw me read it and said, "What's the big deal about this Birkin thing? I'm going look it up on ebay." Next thing I hear from him is "NINETY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A BAG?! CRAZZZZZZYYYYY!!!" I loved reading about his adventures, and so did Jerry. We are now inspired to ebay our stuff...except its not worth anything compared to a Birkin, haha.

The Solomon Sisters Wise Up by Melissa Senate
I'm not one to express the sentiment that I'm too good for this so called genre of "chick-lit." I absolutely love indulging myself in some thing a bit unreal- it provides a temporary escape for me. I can be a part of someone else's world for a bit before I go back to slaving away at ArcGis, searching for jobs, and doing laundry. In fact, the same goes for TV. Try as I might, I just can't pretend that I'm fascinated with watching CNN when Gossip Girl is on. :) For someone who reads as much chick lit as I do, I never quite warmed up to watching Sex and the City. Hmm, I wonder why?
Anywaaaays, back to the book. Melissa Senate is a good writer and she did a good job writing this book from 3 points of view (the 3 sisters). The content is not as silly as the Shopaholic books or the Plum Sykes books. I wouldn't mind a movie version of this book! Of course, knowing cheap 'ol me, I'd wait for it to be on DVD. :)

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
This book was gross and raunchy. Jerry had fun reading it, so I read it too. Ewww, guys like that exist? But I have to admit that I had fun reading it as well.

My Husband's Sweethearts by Bridget Asher
This woman finds out her husband is cheating on her, leaves him, and then finds out he's dying so she goes back to his deathbed. Instead of dealing with his illness alone, she calls up all his mistresses/past flings and some of them actually show up! Interesting cast of characters, I very much enjoyed this book. I teared up a little too!
The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace
Okay, I'm a bit tired of writing, haha. Let's just say I learned alot about wine and Thomas Jefferson. And how auction houses are crazy. The book reads a bit like a mystery, both Jer and I liked it and had to wikipedia more about it after since we were curious.
What's on your virtual bookshelf?
1 comment:
that birkin book is one of the more interesting books i've read in a long time. highly recommended. i never knew a market for this stuff existed. it's fascinating!
Post a Comment