Monday, January 21, 2008

Frugality and Patience Rewarded


Original price: $168
I had been lusting over this dress for about a month and a half now, ever since I saw the gold one in the store. But there was no way I could justify paying that much for a dress, esp when I had already dropped more than 2 bills for my maid of honor dress a couple months earlier. So I thought I'd just wait and see if it went on sale after Christmas.
Fast forward to now: I had forgotten all about the dress. Over the wknd, we were at the South Bay Galleria returning some stuff when we walked by Banana and of course I had to go in. I went straight to the sale section like I always do, and I spotted the dress, but in gold! Size 12 though...so I walked to the other side and found size 4, 4P, and then a 2, all in gold. I looked some more...and then I happened upon the purple one, but 0P. I thought to myself...there is no way I'd fit a 0P, so prolly the 2 will fit. I went to the dressing room and tried on the 0P and it fit perfectly! Geez, unbelievable. Just for good measure I tried on the 2 in gold and not only was the color wrong for me, but it was a bit loose! I had the salesgal, Jer, and a random stranger tell me to pick the purple one. And it was the only purple one in the entire store!
How much did I pay?
Sale price: $29.99.

I'm awesome.

1 comment:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Ha! I can beat that! Best BR deal ever? Black silk dress originally $150 down to $19.99. Of course, if I were a size 0 I'd probably find a whole lot more available. :P