Saturday, January 13, 2007

Vroom, vroom!



One of my favorite memories from Hawai'i is when Matt taught me how to operate a moped. One day after class we headed out to the UH parking lot. We started off with me sitting behind him so I could get a feel for what it was like to be on a moped. It was fun! I didn't wanna get off. But soon Matt decided that it was my turn! So we switched spots and then I got nervous. But he was a great teacher, and after a few rounds I felt comfy.

But then, I had to go all by myself! I started feeling scared. But man...after I got the hang out of it, there was no stopping me! For the next few days, I went up, down, and all around that parking lot. There were a few close calls with some parked cars but I managed to avoid them. I don't think I even fell once. Well, at one point, I got ballsy and decided to go faster and that almost ended in a date with the asphalt. Matt even said that I was ready to be out on the streets, where there were ppl...and moving cars. Haha. Quite a generous assessment of my skills, I didn't think I was ready!

I want to re-learn again! Who's gonna teach me? But I want to do it in Hawai'i...LA drivers are scary. I know that because I used to be one of them. :) My road rage has simmered down noticeably in the last couple months though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!!!! we should visit Hawaii together! =)

Anonymous said...

oh haha, that Trinh btw. =)

Christina :) said...

You think LA drivers are bad? Try it in VN. I'm sad my exhaust pipe burn left a scar. That's my warning to you.