First off:
I'm glad I can talk about my bras and boobies and not feel like I have to censor myself (if this was xanga, I can't be this candid!).
Secondly:
Thanks to Christina for introducing me to the world of not-wrong-bra-size.
One day Christina started talking about Oprah's "Bra Revolution." She also told me about how getting fitted at Nordstroms was the best. Back during second year, I had gotten fitted at Victoria Secret and apparently I was a 34A. I got suckered into buying this $50 strapless bra that I RARELY wore 'cause it was all lumpy and gross. I continued to wear whatever random bras I had.
Through my mom, I discovered the $2.50 Chinatown bra aka known as the dept store reject. For the past few years, that was the only place I went to for bras. I never really looked at the tag for size, I would just try on fun colors and if it fit/was comfy, I bought it. If you had asked me what my bra size was, I would have guessed 32B, 34A, or 34B. Shrug.
Last month, I was having a horrible day so I wanted to do something girly. How much girlier can you get than getting fitted for a bra?? So I went with Christina to Nordstroms. Turns out I was a 32B. The sales lady brought in a bunch of bras for me to try and immediately I fell in love with the Natori brand. Man, I'm just gonna save up my $$$ and buy Natori bras for everyday of the week!
The funny thing is, I wasn't a part of the 85% of women who wore the wrong bra size. I came home, looked at all my bras, and with the exception of the VS bra, they were all 32B. Haha. Here are some rules I learned from the sales lady:
1. Never wear a bra two days in a row (I don't do this anyway, I need variety!)
2. You should handwash your bras to keep it elastic-y longer (I usually just handwash dry-clean only clothes! I never thought you should do the same with bras).
3. When you first wear a bra, use the closest hooks. Then over time, switch over to the further hooks. (I'm trying to do this now, I feel the difference!)
Christina's blog pretty much lists the same rules that she's learned through ppl/experience over time. I'm glad she's made me more aware! Wearing a better fitting bra in the correct size does make a difference. Price also makes a difference too in terms of quality. As a college student, I wasn't able to splurge on expensive bras, but since I'm a working gal now, there's no excuse. With each paycheck, I will phase out my Chinatown bras and make the switch to the pricey-but-worth-it-bra-world.
Ladies, your turn to get fitted!
3 comments:
Sold. Man, I know what I'll be doing next weekend I have free.
I'm glad I could help spread the word. I love Natori too. But a good fitting bra really improves your posture. I just wish they were cheaper. I think back to all the strapless bras I used to have that have fallen down & yet I kept on wearing the wrong size! I'm so glad I stopped shopping at VS. Now if only US places carried 30-band bras :P
ahaha...i used to do fittins for vicky's secret. it's like a two minute "trainin". get HOT sexy bras! so that if your shirt ever happens to "accidentally" fall off, you'd still look HOT! =D
Post a Comment