Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Upside, Downside

DS: burned a whole batch of granola AND left a tray of fresh salmon in the backseat (we took everything from the trunk but forgot about the car!).  I hate wasting food :( 
US: almost successfully made macarons from scratch!  

DS: scraped my leg again while rolling my bike uphill.  I know right?  I wasn't even riding ON the bike!  
US: finally was able to give Jerry a tour of UCLA (~5 miles total, dorms included), and doing it via bike made it so much easier!

DS: midsection feels sore when I laugh or cough
US: I think that means that I'm working out my abs?  I have been working out pretty consistently this summer!

DS: tonight's city council meeting took 3 hours (although it only took like 3 minutes to drive home, yay.  and Manhattan Beach has expanded its smoke free outdoor areas to the Strand and the Greenbelt, woohoo!)
US: yesterday night's city council meeting (Huntington Park) was over in 10 minutes!!! 

How's your week going?  Upsides? Downsides?  Feel free to share!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

US: took yesterday off to nurse a nagging cough. Made some cookies and made it to the mall also!

DS: didn't make enough cookies. D said they were a tad overcooked (crunchy) for his taste.

US: looking forward to 2 weekends of vacation in a row!

DS: my desk is a freakin' disaster. I have no idea how to get unburied from it all.