I very much enjoyed this movie. Heartwarming but not too cheesy. Jerry was not engaged at all. His loss. In fact, he went upstairs to go to sleep in the middle of it. I'd watch it again. I cried at the end cus I'm a sap.
Jerry enjoyed this movie. Daniel Wu, as hot as he is, did not save this movie for me. It's your typical slapstickish HK humor. I love Daniel Wu.
I appreciated the beauty and art of this film. Maggie's costumes were GORGEOUS, her wardrobe was to die for. And she's great at under-acting just like my other favorite under-actress Julianna Margulies. And I really like Tony too. Not as much as Daniel. But in a different way. :) Jerry did not like this movie at all, he was quite bored.
Next on my list:
In addition to Asian films, I've also watched:
I really enjoyed this film. It was Jerry's second time, he wanted me to watch it so much that he was willing to watch it again. Crazy. He only does that with Top Gun.
I've been a reader of Vogue since HS so I enjoyed this behind the scenes look. Jerry was probably bored, I wasn't sure if he was paying any attention. I really want Anna Wintour's dress wardrobe. I love the prints and patterns and they look so classy!
This was a fun and mindless movie to watch while assembling wedding invitations. Very typical romantic comedy and recycled story lines. Thank goodness I didn't pay $10 to watch it in a movie theater though. Speaking of which, I haven't seen a movie in the theater since August 2009. Judging from the list I have going now, I seem to watch Asian movies about 5 years after they get released and American movies a couple years after. So I guess I'll be watching Avatar sometime in 2011.
Time to request 2046 from the library. I want to compile some DVDs for our upcoming long flights. I also want to watch LOST from the beginning...but it's probably not the most appropriate thing to watch en route to Fiji, huh? :P








1 comment:
Haha, I actually saw Drink, Drank, Drunk when I was in Hong Kong in '05. I don't think anyone knew what it was about, we just wanted something to do. I remember not liking it either.
I still need to see In the Mood for Love. I loved 2046.
I don't read Vogue, but was pleasantly surprised at how interesting September Issue turned out to be. I hated the Devil Wears Prada!
Post a Comment