Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"No One Mourns the Wicked..."


No one ever notices the white part. Haha.

I've never been to a musical before so this was quite a treat!

Opening night was pretty neat. There was an exciting buzz in the air that enveloped us as we walked into the theater. Our seats were amazing. We sat in row RR 301-308. Try to get those seats if you go!

Some little things about Wicked that I didn't know prior to the show:
1. Winnie Holzman, the creator of My So Called Life, is the book writer for Wicked (adaptation of the novel by the same name by Gregory Maguire)
2. The actor for Nessarose (Elphaba's sister) was Libby on Sabrina the Teenage Witch (admit it, you guys used to watch that show!)
3. There is a lot of physical comedy that isn't conveyed through the music. G(a)linda had the best parts in this respect!
4. There are actual tie-ins/connections to the original "Wizard of Oz" (I don't want to give anything away)


Thanks Christina!

I want to go again! Who wants to take me?? :)

2 comments:

Christina :) said...

I'm happy you had a good time. Then it was all worth it then. Like I said before, birthdays are not about when or where but about who. I'm happy you could be there with me :)

I'm glad we're good again :)

Regina said...

Ooo! I totally want to see Wicked! I just got finished with the book. =) I'll have to watch it when it come back to Boston in the fall.